In this position, your primary assignment will be to manufacture our commercial products: mechanical and electrical assembly, system and subsystem testing, management of inventory, management of shipping & receiving, and product maintenance. In addition, you will be assisting our engineering staff in the development, build, and testing of R&D systems for future products and prototypes for NASA and other clients.
Experience with mechanical and electrical systems and their good understanding are critical. Being comfortable with computer systems and the use of software is also a must. The job involves the assembly of small mechanical systems, electrical cabling of ESD sensitive electronics, and the testing of instruments and components. Experience with manual mechanical assembly, soldering, basic rework of electronic board, crimping of connectors, and electrical testing are required. Experience with programming languages is a plus but not critical.
Due to the small size of our team, the job requires an ability to work independently, to communicate very clearly, and to work with a good organization.
This is a full time position.
Physical presence required, no telecommuting possible.
About the company:
eXaminart LLC is a small business focused the production of high-end analytical X-ray instruments and the development planetary exploration analytical instruments for NASA. Our facility is located in Mountain View near the NASA campus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Experience with hand tools for mechanical assembly.
- Experience with electrical test tools.
- Experience with word editing, spreadsheet, and other common computer applications.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings and electrical and electronics schematics.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to drive to local shops for parts delivery/pickup, and provide clear communication with these vendors.
- Good communication skills in English. Additional languages is a plus.
- ME or EE education is a plus.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry is a plus.
- Hand-build our commercial products (complex, small, electrical and mechanical systems).
- Manage daily production tasks for on-time delivery of products.
- Maintain an inventory of parts and work with purchasing staff.
- Assist engineers in the build and testing of prototypes.
- Provide clear and regular feedback to lead engineers.
- Maintain an organized build area.
- Help with documentation.
- Perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Perform electronics and mechanical workbench tasks.
- High-precision manual task (excellent hand coordination and sharp vision required).
- Stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders.
Diversity and Equity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.