eXaminart is seeking a highly motivated, dedicated, and experienced aerospace systems engineer to lead the development of analytical instrumentation for Lunar exploration under NASA contracts.
In this FT position, you will apply your broad skill set in aerospace engineering and project management. As part of a small and dynamic team, you will perform a wide range of engineering tasks.
You are expected to have “hands on” experience and show the capability to lead a small team of highly skilled aerospace engineers.
About our company:
eXaminart LLC is a small business focused the production of high-end analytical X-ray instruments and the development planetary exploration analytical instruments for NASA. Our facility is located in Mountain View near the NASA campus.
- MS or PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Aerospace engineering, preferably with Space-deployed.
- Strong knowledge and grasp of engineering concepts systems.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Excellent capability to manage a small team of engineers.
- Fluent in SolidWorks 3D modeling.
- Experienced with FEA modeling for thermal and structural analysis.
- Experienced with Python coding.
- Superior technical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled with high precision manual tasks, i.e. electronics, mechanical and optical assemblies.
- Project management.
- Completion of design of TRL 5/6 analytical systems.
- Management of procurement and build of prototype and GSE.
- Commissioning of cryo-vac and other test equipment.
- Testing and validation of TRL5/6 system / components (cryo-vac, shock&vib).
- Processing of test data.
- Writing procedure and reports.
- Participating / leading group meetings.
- Perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Perform electronics and mechanical workbench tasks.
- High-precision manual task (excellent hand coordination and sharp vision required).
- Stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders.
Diversity and Equity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.